India as we know is quite cultural and ethnic country. People are prone towards their customs and traditions, since many years’ tattoos are carved in Indian history, basically henna tattoos which are temporary which represents health, happiness and prosperity.
Indian Tattoo Designs
Generally, women and men made it during marriage ceremonies. If we talk about permanent tattoos then at early times tattoos were carved which symbolizes god and goddesses or the people’s names Indian tattoo designs have undergone variations though it relies on its tradition, but the carving had taken a vast aspect.
Also check – Tribal Dragon Designs for Tattoo
Not only Indians but foreigners also love these Indian tattoo designs. So let’s have a look on the most popular Indian tattoo designs –
- Peacock tattoo-Peacock is the national bird of India which depicts health, colors and variations.
- Hanuman tattoo- God which symbolizes strength, power, wisdom, courage and infinity.
- Ganesha tattoo- God represents wealth, intelligence, prosperity and good luck.
Also check – Free Tattoo Designs to Print
- Country tattoo- Country’s flag or symbol even Asoka chakra which depicts patriotism and love towards country.
- Bird tattoo- Person who want to fly in the sky, want to be independent, set free from all bondages prefer bird tattoos.
- Flora tattoo- These are cute tattoos, generally lotus is tattooed as it is a national flower and is a symbol of peace.
- Peacock Feather tattoo- Depicts colors and elegance
- Cultural quotes tattoo- Written in Hindi (Indian language), usually bhagvat gita and holy books quotes are opted which has different meanings.
- Astrology tattoo- Can be zodiac signs or astro signs which symbolizes nature of the person.
- Sanskrit tattoo- Oldest language from which Indian language is generated is used to represent differently.
- Om tattoo- Holy symbol which represent god and is a symbol of courage, peace, nurture, etc.
- Henna tattoo- Temporary tattoos include many designs and are basically chosen at the time of marriage or cultural functions and are carved mostly by women but men also make them at their wedding as it is said to be flourishing.
- Saint tattoo- Includes holy person which depicts the person is totally spiritual and mystic and follows all rituals.
Also check – Old English Tattoo Designs
- Elephant tattoo- Elephants are considered as the symbol of lord Ganesha thus features same.
- Warrior tattoo- By the name they are courageous, powerful, strengthen and is ready to face any challenge of life.